Hiring: Sports Administration and Management Intern
Company: East Region Soccer League (ERSL)
Job Title: Sports Administration and Management Intern
Start Date: May 16th, 2016
Location: 1150 Morrison Dr, Suite 303 Ottawa ON
Contact: Shannon Holder
If you are looking to build a career in sports administration and management, then the East Region Soccer League (ERSL) provides an excellent opportunity to learn all of the various facets of the sports industry. You will have the chance to work with a reputable regional sports association, governing over 20 Clubs, and more than 480 teams. Our paid internship program includes direct experience in sports administration, communications and management.
The successful candidate must be a full-time student in the fall of 2016.
The ideal candidate will exemplify the following characteristic:
- Ability to multi-task
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- General knowledge of the game of soccer
- Good decision making skills
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Proficiency in MS Office, Internet and E-mail.
- xcellent time management and organizational skills
This is an excellent opportunity to break into the sports industry. The position will provide a wide range of experience. You will be involved in all daily administrative operations of the East Region Soccer League. Some of the work you will be doing includes:
- Processing Game Sheets; verifying discipline records and statistics
- Maintaining online schedules and web site information
- Determining Eligibility of Players with the Ontario Soccer Association
- Event planning for extra-league competitions
- Interpreting the League Reschedule Policy, Discipline Policy, and Rules & Regulations
- Customer Service communications (phone and e-mail) with Members
- Other tasks as assigned
This is a full-time, short term, paid contract position, with an expected start date of May 16, 2016. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager, and will be expected to work 30 hours per week, Monday-Thursday until the end of August.
Applications are due by Friday April 29th 2016 and will only accepted electronically by email.
Please send Resume and Cover letter to:
Shannon Holder, GM@ersl.ca with the job title in your e-mail subject line.
We look forward to reviewing your applications and scheduling an interview with successful candidates.